Many members and visitors to this website will no doubt be interested in The Gallipoli Association and its invaluable work in keeping the memory alive of that tragic campaign. The Association is holding its Third Regional Conference at Chelmsford on Saturday 5th March 2022 at Chelmsford City Museum (home of the Essex Regiment Collection), Mousham Street, Oaklands Park, CM2 9AQ.
- 9.15 Registration (tea and coffee on arrival)
- 10.00 Peter Hart: Rupert Brooke and the Glitterati of Gallipoli
- 11.15 Stephen Chambers: The Killing Fields: The Battle of Krithia
- 12.30 Lunch (not provided)
- 1.30 Dr. Martin Purdy: Contested Legacies and the Gallipoli Oak
- 2.45 Clive Harris: The Essex Regiment at Gallipoli
- 4.00 An opportunity to tour the Museum and view the collection of the Essex Regiment
- 5.00 Close
The cost is £25 payable in advance.
Further information, including details of how to register, are on the events section of the Association’s website: http://www.gallipoli-association.org